A good thing gets better. The popular X-All Mountain is a perfectly balanced, finely tuned tool. It suits technical ice and alpine routes where the ice may be thin or brittle. The pick penetrates without lots of displacement and the balanced head swings and sticks with a nice sharp "thwak". This model gets a design tweak, the handle is 3 parts that can be assembled to suit the terrain and lets you fine-tune the position of the upper pommel. It also increases resistance to torque and stress on the handle.
- 7075-T6 aluminum shaft is T-rated for use on ice or rock.
- T-rated chromoly steel pick and tooth configuration works on all angles of ice.
- Modular head with interchangeable pick comes equipped with a hammer. Optional adze available.
- 3-part handle can be modified to suit terrain and adapted to fit a climber's hand size.
- Interchangeable spike is long enough for low angle glacier travel and has a hole for use with lanyards.
|Ideal for||Ice climbing|
|Head type||Hammer modular|