MEC Rain Pants - Children
MEC Rain Pants - Children
- Available prices $32.00
Free shipping on orders over $50. In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
We need some downtime. For the next 79 minutes you can browse the site, but you won't be able to checkout, update your account or view your order history. If you signed in, any items in your cart are saved. See you soon.
Shop with confidence. If its not working out like you expected, you can return it
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
The MEC legacy of durable, kids' rainwear continues. These aren't as light and supple as a previous version (made of 70-denier nylon) but for kids who see any object as possible playground equipment, the heavier oxford nylon is built to be waterproof and stand up to rolling, sliding and scaling.
- Made of burly oxford nylon with polyurethane coating and a highly effective DWR (durable water repellent) finish, for full-on waterproof protection.
- Fully-taped seams for complete waterproof protection.
- Elasticized, pull-on waist for a comfortable fit over layers
- Elasticized lower leg openings seal out drafts and water.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.