MEC Heritage Newt Suit - Infants
MEC Heritage Newt Suit - Infants
- Available prices $62.00
This item ships FREE! In-store pickup is always free.
- Available online
- Check store availability
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Cannot be shipped to USA.
An outdoor classic for wet days. Redesigned based on member feedback, the updated Newt Suit returns to the durable, tried-and-true fabric of previous years. Taped seams and waterproof fabric stand up to baby's first encounters with the fascinating world of rain and puddles, so they stay dry and comfortable wherever you take them to explore. Long zippers make for easier diaper changes.
- Made from the robust nylon of the previous versions, with a waterproof polyurethane coating.
- DWR finish for maximum water and mud shedding.
- Seams are fully taped, so water won't work its way in.
- Full coverage without gaps or places to become untucked.
- Hood has a brim and elasticized sides to keep it up during play.
- 2 water-resistant Uretek-coated front zips open to the waist, making it relatively easy to get on and off.
- All cuffs are elasticized for a snug, comfortable fit.
- Reflective trim for heightened visibility.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Face fabric||200-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
|Product Sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.