A mid-weight disc wheelset designed for cross and gravel grinding, this works for road bikes with disc systems, too. The rims are 30mm deep for aero gains, and an internal width of 21mm and 24.6mm externally suits the high-volume tires you need for smoothing out gravel roads. The rims can easily converted to tubeless if you want better puncture protection.
- Aluminum rims feature a wide and stable 21mm internal rim width.
- 30mm deep rims keep things aero.
- Designed with tubeless conversion in mind.
- Double-butted stainless steel spokes are strong and durable.
- 2 cross-lacing pattern hits the balance between durability and lightweight.
- Hard-wearing Shimano-style steel freehub, compatible with 8- to 11-speed cassettes.
- Alloy axle supported by 4 sealed cartridge bearings at the rear, 2 at the front.
- Compatible with 6-bolt disc rotors.
- Includes 9 x 100mm quick release.
|Brake compatibility||Disc brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
|Rims||Alex Boondocks 3|