A classic Ranger Compass with a baseplate, an easy to read luminous dial, big, legible arrow, and a scale lanyard. It's as reliable as ever, and easier to use.
- Luminous dial markings from 0-360 degrees with large numerals at every 20-degree mark, so it's easy to read in challenging conditions.
- 1:25:000 and 1:50:000 scales and centimeter/millimetre rules.
- Scale lanyard (1:25k and 1:50K) takes the guesstimation out of plotting, and as a break-away lanyard for safe and convenient carrying
- DryFlex™ rubberized bezel is easy to use with, and without gloves.
- Clear baseplate with magnification lens for easy mapping and plotting.
- Declination scale.
The earth's magnetic field varies considerably so most compasses are designed to work in the specific hemisphere zones for which they are being used. A global compass can be used anywhere.
Measures angles of slope, elevation or inclination.
Luminous markings allow you to read your compass in dim light conditions.
Sets the compass to indicate true north instead of magnetic north.