A piece of high-tech magic from Patagonia. Seriously, the Micro Puff Jacket weighs about the same as a banana, yet it delivers alpine-grade warmth and the versatility of synthetic insulation. Patagonia calls it "the best warmth for weight jacket we’ve ever built," and this is no small thing. PlumaFill insulation is a featherlight alternative to down: light, compressible and retains warmth when wet. It's housed in a 10-denier nylon shell that's DWR-treated to repel rain and snow. The design is intentionally spare, with elastic at cuffs and hem and drop-in inner pockets that share the pocket bags of the handwarmer pockets. It's all sewn together with a unique quilting pattern that holds the fill in place without an excess stitch.
- Shell and lining are lightweight and windproof 10-denier Pertex Quantum nylon ripstop with a DWR finish to shed light precip.
- Insulated with 65g Plumafill synthetic insulation that is as warm and packable as down but with the warm-when-wet performance of synthetic.
- Quilted construction minimizes stitch lines to maximize loft and prevent cold spots.
- Zippered pockets warm chilly hands. The left one doubles as a stuff-sack with a reinforced carabiner clip loop.
- 2 sleek internal drop-in pockets.
- Elasticized cuffs and hem seal in warmth.
|Face fabric||10-denier nylon|
|Insulation||65g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|