A perennial favourite from Patagonia, the Down Sweater now comes as a hoody pullover. The lack of a zipper means it weighs a little less than the regular Down Sweater and accommodates a kangaroo pocket to keep hands warm between runs or belays. It's well insulated to keep you comfortable at high elevations, but its light weight means it doesn't further tempt gravity. A great mid-layer under a shell jacket for the coldest ski days of the year or a shoulder-seaon backpacking trip. Once you warm up, it stuffs into its own pocket for easy storage in your pack.
- Shell and lining are lightweight 20-denier recycled polyester with a DWR finish to shed light precip.
- Insulated with premium 800-fill-power Traceable Down that is traced from parent farm to apparel factory to help ensure the birds that supply it are never force-fed or live-plucked.
- Single pull-adjustable hood adds warmth.
- Centre front half-length zipper has an interior storm flap and a zipper garage for comfort.
- Kangaroo-style pocket warms hands.
- Zippered drop-in torso pocket doubles as a stuff sack and includes a reinforced biner clip loop.
- Elasticized cuffs and drawcord hem seal in heat.
|Face fabric||20-denier recycled polyester|
|Lining/backer||20-denier recycled polyester|
|Insulation||800 fill-power goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|