Keep chasing after the goods when the snow's pounding. The waterproof Untracked Pants let you vent heat when you're bootpacking steep slopes. Fully articulated knees and crotch let you swivel neatly down pencil-thin couloirs.
- Durable 3-layer nylon shell with waterproof-breathable GORE-TEX® and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish keeps you dry during heavy snow.
- Brushed interior lining helps control moisture and adds warmth.
- Slim, watertight coated zippers for reduced bulk and weight.
- Gusseted crotch and articulated knees improve mobility and reduce bulk.
- External thigh vents with mesh lining quickly release heat.
- Waist has adjustable elastic tabs to customize the fit. Belt loops, zip and snap fly.
- Loops on rear yoke attach pant to powder skirt to keep snow out.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets, two thigh cargo pockets and a zippered pocket in back.
- Gaiters keep the snow out, while tough scuff guards protect the inside of the leg and bottom hem.
- Built-in Recco® Rescue System reflector allows ski patrol and mountain rescue teams to detect and locate Recco reflectors under snow. Useful for resort skiing, Recco technology is not a substitute for avalanche skills training, beacons, essential gear, or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
|Face fabric||70-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Venting||Mesh-lined thigh vents|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.