Heading into changable conditions in cold weather? Throw on this techy fleece jacket at the trailhead and keep it on all day, whether you're slogging up the steep bits or taking a break. A DWR finish adds wind and water resistance to the abrasion-resistant outer face fabric. Inside, high-loft fleece traps warmth, but still expels moisture. The articulated pattern and raglan sleeves let you twist and stretch while mountaineering, scrambling or hiking.
- Made of recycled polyester and spandex stretch double-weave fabric that adds warmth but breathes well to avoid overheating.
- Durable face is wind- and water-resistant thanks to a DWR finish.
- Articulated pattern with raglan sleeves promotes range of motion.
- Handwarmer pockets are set high above a harness or hipbelt.
- 2 drop-in mesh pockets hold gloves or snacks.
- Stretch-knit low-profile cuffs resist snagging.
- Drawcord-adjustable hem seals in warmth.
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.