On multi-pitch routes or done-in-a-day epics when every gram counts, this compact down jacket won't weigh you down. Premium 850-fill-power down provides tons of warmth for the weight of just a few energy bars. The impossibly lightweight Pertex Quantum exterior resists wind and wetness while the fused chamber technology ensures down can't sneak out and cold can't sneak in. Slip on the Broad Peak IN Hooded Jacket for extra warmth at chilly belays and unexpected bivies, or layer it under your shell in wet and cold conditions. When the sun comes out, it compresses to sandwich-size and disappears into your pack.
- Made of lightweight Pertex Quantum nylon with a DWR finish to resist water.
- Insulated with premium 850-fill-power goose down that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Y Fuse technology fuses the chambers together for fewer stitch lines, less down loss and more heat retention.
- 2-way YKK Vislon front zipper can be opened from the bottom for use with a belay device.
- Handwarmer pockets are set high above a hipbelt or harness. Left one doubles as a stuff sack.
- Elastic trim on hood, cuffs and hem seals in warmth.
- Underarm gusset increases reach and range of motion.
|Insulation||850 fill-power goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Stuffs in own pocket|