Brave uncompromising cold in a windproof jacket. Built to withstand the rigours of the backcountry, the Ultimate V SO Hooded Jacket is a lightweight, versatile soft shell. Durable GORE® WINDSTOPPER® material lets you cut through headwinds, and a DWR finish helps it shrug off raindrops and flurries. It's also breathable to keep you comfortable as you skin uphill or take your turn breaking trail, and if you really start to warm up, full-length pit zips let you vent heat. If you work up a sweat, the moisture-wicking lining whips it away from your skin to prevent chills. A warm hood and standup collar shield you from the elements.
- Made with durable 3-layer GORE® WINDSTOPPER® material that is completely windproof yet breathable.
- Durable water repellency (DWR) finish sheds light rain and snow.
- Lightweight lining has a wicking finish to move moisture and dry quickly.
- 2-way adjustable hood and high collar provide extra warmth for your head and neck.
- Zippered handwarmer pockets and chest pocket give you storage options.
- Pit zips with 2-way zippers extend all the way to the bottom hem for optimum ventilation or access to underlayers.
- Low-profile thumbholes for extended coverage.
- Bonded hem seams with elasticated sides provide a streamlined fit.
|Fabric content||100% polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Thumb loops|