When the polar vortex beats a path to your town, protect yourself with the Fjallraven Yupik Parka. The nylon shell exterior is waterproof, windproof and breathable for comfort when the snow falls, and Supreme Microloft insulation envelops you in warmth even on the coldest days of Montreal winter. A fleece-lined hood and fleece collar let you snuggle in when the wind howls through city streets, and 16 (!) pockets hold all your essentials and then some.
- Shell is nylon with a Hydratic polyurethane waterproof-breathable laminate that stands up to rain, snow and wind.
- Insulated with 100% polyester Super Microloft insulation for great resistance to weather and wear.
- Removable and adjustable fleece-lined hood has detachable synthetic fur trim to cut the wind.
- Rib-knit fleece collar keeps heat in.
- Tons of pockets: 9 pockets outside and 7 inside. Inside pocket has a port for your headphones and hand pockets have cozy fleece lining.
- Velcro® adjustable cuffs and internal drawcords at the hem seal out the winter chill.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.