The North Face Kira Triclimate Jacket - Girls' - Children to Youths
3-in-1 jackets are the peak of versatility. This one’s packed with downhill features so they can rip through the resort from first chair to last. The Kira Triclimate Jacket's seams are fully taped so slush and sleet can’t sneak in. The zip-out inner lining is soft and warm, even on its own, taking them through changing conditions and season after season of use.
- Waterproof-breathable construction with fully taped seams.
- Face fabric is 100% polyester.
- 3-piece fixed hood provides shelter on windy lift rides.
- Powder skirt keeps snow out during wipeouts.
- Adjustable cuffs and hem.
- Pass pocket on left arm with secure zip closure.
- 2 zippered front pockets.
- Internal drop-in device pocket with Velcro® closure.
- Inner lining is insulated and removable, and can be worn on its own.
|Face fabric||75-denier polyester|
|Lining/backer||50-denier recycled polyester|
|Insulation||150g/sq. m polyester|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.