The North Face Brayden Insulated Jacket - Boys' - Children to Youths
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
A jacket as revved up and ready to hit the slopes as you are. Waterproof-breathable construction with sealed seams means you can ski or board in any weather. Different weights of insulation across the body, sleeves and hood keep you at the perfect temperature without adding bulk. A roomy hood shields you from gusting winds when you're riding the lift, and a snow skirt blocks keeps the powder out when you're finding secret stashes. Pockets galore keep your pass, lunch money, and tunes in place so they're still where you put them after a morning of carving turns.
- Waterproof-breathable construction with fully-taped seams.
- Face fabric is 100% polyester.
- Multiple weights of synthetic insulation (200gsm in body, 150gsm in sleeves and 100gsm in hood) provide lightweight warmth exactly where you need it.
- 3-piece fixed hood provides shelter on windy lift rides.
- Powder skirt keeps snow out during wipeouts.
- Adjustable cuffs and hem.
- Pass pocket on left arm, with secure zip closure.
- 2 zippered front pockets.
- Internal drop-in device pocket with Velcro® closure.
|Face fabric||70-denier polyester|
|Lining/backer||50-denier recycled polyester|
|Insulation||Multiple synthetic weights; see product description|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.