Most breathable rain jacket ever? It might be. This zip-up GORE-TEX jacket is crafted from Shakedry fabric that’s inherently waterproof and breathable, ultra-thin, windproof, and to boot, lightweight. The innovation comes from the qualities of the fabric itself – you can literally shake it dry. There’s no DWR coating that could wear off, just exceptional waterproofing that lasts and lasts. Big reflective panels keep you visible on night rides.
- GORE-TEX® Shakedry technology forgoes face fabric and places the waterproof-breathable membrane directly on the exterior.
- Permanent beading surface uses no DWR finish so its waterproofness won't degrade over time.
- Smart collar uses a Velcro adjustment tab to achieve a close fit.
- 2-way front zip gives you venting options and allows access to jersey pockets
- Zippered front pocket holds small items.
- Reinforced hem has partial elastication to keep it in place.
- Large reflective panels provide high visibility in low light.
- Ergonomic fit is designed for comfort in the riding position.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
|Pockets||1 front zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.