Banish the shivers on chilly belays, backcountry ski transitions or winter camping trips. The RAB Electron Jacket uses premium 800-fill-power water-repellent goose down to wrap you in you toasty warmth. Small baffles reduce bulk in the shoulders, while large ones eliminate cold spots in the torso where you feel the cold most. Wear it under your shell, or let the Pertex Endurance shell fabric shed light precip and wind when you wear it on its own.
- Exterior is lightweight Pertex Endurance nylon with a DWR finish for excellent water and wind resistance.
- Premium 800-fill-power Nikwax Hydrophobic goose down insulation dries faster, maintains loft better and retains less moisture than traditional down.
- Insulation meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Helmet-compatible adjustable hood has a wired brim that won't droop into your eyes.
- YKK front zip has an internal storm flap and a cozy chin guard.
- 2 zippered hand pockets and an internal zippered pocket hold small essentials.
- Low-profile elastic cuffs and drawcord hem seal in heat.
- Includes a stuff sack for easy storage in your backpack when conditions warm up.
|Face fabric||20-denier nylon|
|Insulation||800 fill-power water-repellent (DWR) goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|