Keep the focus on fun for trail and cross-country riding. To keep the Crossmax 27.5s light, Mavic opted for tubeless tape to seal the system and keep things tight. With a 22mm internal width, you get a nice, stable and playful ride.
- S6000 aluminum rims, 22mm internal width.
- Tubeless-compatible hookless rim is compatible with UST tires.
- Strong, straight-pull steel spokes.
- 24 spokes, front and rear, use a 2-cross lacing pattern for durability and stiffness.
- Aluminum hubs with aluminum axles.
- QRM cartridge bearings are easy to adjust, reliable and smooth.
- TS-2 alloy freehub body is compatible with 11 speeds.
- Rear hub width is 142mm, front hub width is 100mm.
- Freehub body is compatible with Shimano and SRAM cassettes.
- 12mm thru-axle at the rear and 15mm at the front can be converted to quick-release with optional adapters.
- Tubeless rim tape and UST valve included.
- Wheelset weight is 1735g.
|Recommended tire width||1.4-2.5in.|
|Retention device||Thru-axle 15 mm front / 12 mm rear|
|Brake compatibility||Disc brakes|
The type of tube valve the rim will accommodate. Most Schrader wheels can be retrofitted to fit Presta valves.
Front hub width
The hub width must fit the inside distance between the two fork ends (dropouts).
|Rear hub width||142mm|
|Hub (front)||Mavic Crossmax|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.