Stay warm on the way to the summit. Windproof and extremely water-resistant, the Impendor Soft Shell Pants are built for long days in the alpine. Stretchy fabric and articulated knees let you high-step as needed, and reinforced lower legs and seat stand up to the demands of breaking trail and scrambling across scree. Integrated tie-down loops keep debris from getting into your boots.
- Made of durable nylon and elastane stretch double weave softshell fabric.
- Front lower legs and seat are heavier-weight nylon, polyester and elastane softshell for increased durability.
- Both fabrics have an internal bonded Windwall laminate for totally windproof and a Durable Water Repellency finish for water resistance.
- Adjustable drawcord and belt loops provide fit options.
- Zippered hand pockets and side pocket hold small items.
- Articulated knees promote range of motion.
- Adjustable drawcord cuffs have integrated tie-down loops.
|Ideal for||Alpine climbing and mountaineering|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.