Pearl Izumi Select Escape Softshell Jacket - Women's
A cool-weather cycling jacket you'll want to wear everywhere, thanks to its great construction and urban tailoring. The Select Escape's soft shell fabric resists capricious winds and meddlesome rain. The thermal fleece wicks away moisture when you're perspiring on the uphill portions of your rides. A long back, a scalloped hem and zigzag stitching round out its attractive details.
- Made with warm polyester ELITE soft shell fabric that's highly wind- and water-resistant yet still breathable.
- Thermal fleece panels in key areas move moisture without sacrificing warmth.
- Full-length front zipper with internal draft flap.
- Lighter fabric forearms accommodate gloves.
- Zippered back pockets for security.
- Reflective elements help make you visible at night.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 back zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.