Pull on this road cycling jacket for chilly, damp rides and long, fast descents. Windproof and highly water-resistant, the Elite Escape Barrier Jacket's reversed zipper is backed with a storm flap to keep out even the most persistent headwinds. A close-to-body fit keeps you aero, and a silicon gripper band at hem keeps things in place when you're dancing on the pedals. When the sun comes out, it stows into its zippered back pocket for storage in your jersey. High-vis colours and reflective details help keep you visible to drivers on low-light rides.
- 100% polyester Barrier fabric is windproof and water-resistant.
- Collar is tapered from front to back for optimal on-bike fit.
- 2-way zipper is water-resistant and backed with a full-length storm flap for additional protection.
- Elastic hem and cuffs minimize drafts.
- Silicon band at waist keeps jacket from riding up as you change positions.
- Jacket stuffs into zippered pouch at back for compact storage in a jersey pocket.
- High-visibility colours and reflective details enhance rider safety.
|Ideal for||Road cycling|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Pockets||1 back zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.