Pared back to the essentials, this minimalist down jacket saves space in your pack, and provides lots of warmth when deployed. The Microlight Alpine Jacket is a great layer under your shell, or on its own in milder conditions. The DWR finish on the outside and Nikwax Hydrophobic down on the inside keep you dry when snow squalls move in.
- Exterior is Pertex Quantum with a DWR finish for excellent water resistance. This fabric is lightweight, windproof and downproof.
- Lined with lightweight Pertex Quantum with a DWR finish.
- Premium 750-fill-power Nikwax Hydrophobic goose down insulation dries faster, maintains loft better and retains less moisture than traditional down.
- Insulation meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Helmet-compatible adjustable hood has stiffened brim that won't droop into your eyes.
- Front YKK zip has an internal storm flap and soft chin guard.
- 2 zippered hand pockets and an internal zippered pocket hold small essentials.
- Low-profile elastic cuffs and drawcord hem seal in heat.
- Includes a stuff sack for easy storage in your pack.
|Weight||430g (Black/Seaglass Medium)|
|Face fabric||30-denier nylon|
|Insulation||750 fill power water-repellent (DWR) goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|