The North Face McMurdo Parka - Men's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Named for an Antarctic research station, the McMurdo Parka is ready for winter's harshest weather. Waterproof-breathable exterior fabric with sealed seams shuts out howling winds and sideways sleet. Responsibly sourced, 550 fill-power goose down insulation is lightweight, wrapping you in warmth without burdening you with bulk. The removable hood can be adjusted for a snug fit during snowstorms, and the faux-fur ruff keeps the wind off your face while you're trying to talk. In addition to the handwarmer pockets, four front pockets offer a workman's aesthetic and a handy amount of storage. Keep headphones neat and organized using the cord port in the internal security pocket.
- Face fabric uses a windproof DryVent waterproof-breathable and fully sealed seams to keep water out.
- Insulated with lightweight and warm 550 fill-power goose down that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Zip-off insulated hood has a rear adjustment that you can cinch tight when the temperature drops.
- Removable faux fur ruff keeps the wind out of your face.
- Handwarmer pockets and 4 front pockets give you plenty of storage space.
- Internal security pocket has a cord port for your headphones.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Insulation||550 fill-power goose down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.