No need to make a trade off betweeen a good climbing ski and a fun powder rig. Dedicated backcountry skiers who dig the climb nearly as much as the descent will love this pre-preg carbon ski with ultra-light balsa flax wood core. At over 116mm under foot with an early rise tip and subtle tail rocker, they're made to float you over soft pillows. Technical ascents and dawn-to-dusk missions get a fun factor thanks to a smooth flex. ABS tail protector with integrated skin-clip tab keeps your skins in place right through the last lap.
- Sandwich construction uses carbon fibre and a ultralight balsa flax wood core.
- Pre-preg carbon fibre layup offers torsional stiffness and balanced flex.
- Titanal mounting plate is light and strong.
- Floaty 116-mm waist with early rise tip and tail finds itself at home in deep snow.
- Slight positive camber underfoot helps ensure smooth downhill performance.
- 5mm bevelled ABS sidewalls create torsional stiffness and add grip.
- ABS tail protector with integrated skin attachment notch allows for simple and quick transitions.
- Designed for 90% soft snow, 10% hard or groomed conditions.
Beginner: new or getting back into skiing. Intermediate: confident with turning and stopping. Advanced: highly confident carver. Expert: steeps, drops, park, double blacks -- bring it on.
Sandwich and combination construction is generally used for big freeride-style skis while the lighter structural cap type of construction is more commonly found on cross-country skis.