Designed for deep winter days north of the 49th parallel, the Matka 2 Parka stands up to seriously cold temperatures. Insulated with 700-fill-power white duck down, it's puffed up with extra insulation in the shoulders, sleeves, cuffs and pockets. The 2-layer shell fabric is breathable, sheds water and blocks wind, locking in just the right amount of heat. Indygena styled this winter jacket with its classic tailored silhouette and crisp finishing details.
- Made of 2-layer nylon fabric (Indygena's own fabric that feels like cotton) that's waterproof-breathable and totally windproof.
- Shell has a durable water repellent (DWR) finish.
- Stragetically sealed seams in high-exposure areas keep water out.
- Insulated with 700-fill-power white duck down that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Adjustable hood is warmly insulated.
- Tall collar has a zippered gusset for styling options.
- 2-way metal zipper opens from the bottom for comfort when seated.
- Removable leather zipper pull.
- Interior zippered pocket and handwarmer pockets.
- Interior waist adjustment for a flattering silhouette.
- Articulated sleeves with a tighter quilt pattern under the arms provides freedom of movement.
- High/low hem for a modern silhouette and good coverage in back.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Insulation||700 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with critically taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||2-way zipper|