Even lighter than the popular Copper Spur Tent, The Tiger Wall has the convenience of 2 doors and 2 vestibules, but trims weight by altering the pole structure and making it semi-freestanding. (You just have to peg out the back corners.) For a genuine backcountry tent, it's incredibly lightweight and very roomy inside. It has the interior space to comfortably sleep 3 people and is sturdy enough to stand up to shoulder-season storms. To please the gram counters, it weighs only 1.33kg, a little more than a full 1L water bottle, or about 13 chocolate bars :)
- Fly and floor are made of ultralight silicone treated nylon ripstop with a 1200mm waterproof PU coating.
- Taped seams and a storm flap on the vestibule zipper keep rain out.
- Double doors and vestibules give you options for entrances and gear storage.
- Quick Stash door keepers stow the door out of the way when unzipped.
- 2-way vestibule zippers create vents to reduce condensation.
- Lightweight yet strong DAC Featherlite NFL aluminum pole system with attached cross pole creates more interior space.
- Colour-coded poles aid set up.
- Partially freestanding design with structured back corners creates more space for your feet without extra poles.
- Velcro tabs attach the fly to the poles for a taut pitch.
- Reflective guylines make the tent ready to pitch, right out of the bag.
- Includes 8 ultralight DAC aluminum J-stakes.
- 2 interior mesh pockets and an oversized ceiling pocket stow headlamps and phones.
- Interior loops let you attach a gear loft (sold separately). Compatible with the Big Agnes Triangle, Trapezoid, Large Trapezoid, Wall and Large Wall Gear Lofts.
- Fast fly configuration lets you pitch the fly and footprint alone for a shelter that weights only 935g. (Footprint sold separately.)
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Canopy mesh||Polyester mesh|
|Floor fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Floor coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||Nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NFL|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.07m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.7sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.7sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.