Stop compromising on comfort in pursuit of a lighter pack. While its incredibly light weight satisfies even the kind of thru-hiker that cuts the handle off their toothbrush, the Insulated AXL Air offers the kind of warmth and cushioning backpackers can normally only dream about. Ultralight synthetic insulation and Mylar lamination reflect heat back to you while you sleep, keeping you warm through 3 seasons of excursions. Superlight fabric has aviation-grade tech to help it stand up to the rigours of life on the trail. Oversize outer tubes cradle you in the centre of the pad, preventing you from rolling off in the middle of the night – which is essential, since you'll be a massive 9.5cm off the tent floor. Gram-counters and gear lovers, rejoice.
- Made of ultralight proprietary random-patterned ripstop nylon that uses high-tenacity yarns and a high filament count to increase tear strength and decrease weight.
- Super-durable aviation-grade TPU lamination prevents leaks and punctures.
- Insulated with PrimaLoft Silver synthetic insulation plus a layer of Mylar lamination to reflect heat to you while you sleep.
- Antimicrobial treatment inside the pad prevents microorganism growth.
- High-volume valve makes inflation and deflation quick and easy.
- Large outer chambers keep you centred on the pad.
- Internal construction provides stability and comfort while minimizing weight and packed size.
- Includes a repair kit and a stuff sack.
- Big Agnes rates this pad as good for temperatures down to 0C.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.