A nice balance of features: this tent is comfortably roomy, but still light enough for backpacking, and not so spendy that it stops you from getting out camping. The Frying Pan can be your backcountry tent and the one you use for campgrounds and road trips. Interior space lets you hang out in wet weather. Double doors give you options if somebody likes to sleep late and it includes a footprint to add extra protection on rough ground. Named for the beautiful Frying Pan Basin in the remote Mount Zirkel Wilderness, not the expression "out of the frying pan..."
- Taped seams and a storm flap on the vestibule zipper keep rain out.
- Fly vent with kickstand improves ventilation and helps reduce interior condensation.
- Two doors and two vestibules gives each person their own exit, plus a dry place to store gear.
- Quick stash door keeper makes stowing the unzipped interior doors easy.
- Strong DAC Pressfit pole system with steep walls creates more liveable space.
- Colour-coded poles aids set up.
- Pre-attached reflective guylines make the tent ready to pitch, right out of the bag.
- Includes 8 lightweight aluminum hook stakes.
- 2 interior mesh pockets and an oversized ceiling pocket stow headlamps and phones.
- Interior loops let you attach a gear loft (sold separately). Compatible with the Big Agnes Triangle, Square, Wall and Large Wall Gear Lofts.)
- Includes a footprint to protect your tent floor from abrasion and ensure the longevity of its waterproof coatings.
- Fast fly configuration lets you pitch the fly and footprint alone for a lightweight shelter.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||Polyester mesh|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||Nylon ripstop|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Pressfit aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.09m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (secondary)||0.7sq. m|
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.7sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.