We know what you’re thinking. An ultralight 3-person backpacking tent at an amazing price – what’s the catch? The C Bar 3 Tent is truly an amazing option for backpackers looking for great value and impressively light weight. A single door and vestibule keeps the whole package just barely over 2kg. Burly fabric provides durability, meaning you'll get season after season of use. The colour-coded pole system makes this tent a breeze to set up, too, freeing up more of your time to kick back and relax wherever you choose to pitch it.
- Fly and floor are made of polyester taffeta with a 1500mm waterproof PU coating.
- Taped seams and a storm flap on the vestibule zipper keep rain out.
- Single door and vestibule saves weight.
- Quick-stash door keeper makes it easy to stow the unzipped interior door.
- DAC Pressfit pole system with ligthweight angled hubs and attached cross pole creates more interior space.
- Colour-coded poles simplify setup.
- Velcro tabs attach the fly to the poles for a taut pitch.
- Pre-attached reflective guylines make the tent ready to pitch, right out of the bag.
- Includes 8 lightweight aluminum hook stakes.
- 3 interior mesh pockets and an oversized ceiling pocket stow headlamps and phones.
- Interior loops let you attach a gear loft (sold separately). Compatible with the Big Agnes Triangle, Trapezoid and Square Gear Lofts.)
- Fast-fly configuration lets you pitch the fly and footprint alone for a shelter that weighs only 1.25kg. (Footprint sold separately.)
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||Polyester mesh|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||1.12m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (primary)||1sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.