Somewhere between a bivy and a tent, you’ll find a happy medium in the High Side. Whether you’re into bikepacking or backpacking, the super compact and lightweight design is a welcome treat. Short pole segments take up minimal real estate while you’re on the go. The vestibule (yes, you still get a vestibule!) converts into an awning to give you extra coverage on the outside.
- Floor and fly are made of ultra-lightweight silicone-impregnated nylon ripstop with a waterproof PU coating.
- Inner tent body is nylon mesh that shields you from no-see-ums and provides plenty of breathability.
- DAC Featherlite aluminum poles provide strength at a low weight.
- Pre-bent poles use an asymmetrical shape with a high side over the door to maximize livable space and ease entry and exit.
- Strong DAC aluminum poles use short pole sections to allow the tent to pack down small inside your pannier or backpack.
- Non-freestanding design saves weight and lean-to profile helps it shed wind and rain.
- Side entry vestibule converts to an awning (just add a trekking pole or guy it out to a tree) that is big enough to sit under.
- Colour-coded poles allow for easy set up.
- Side loading Burrito Storage Bag is easy to use and packs up small inside your backpack.
- An interior pocket keeps your headlamp within easy reach for 3am bathroom trips.
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
|Canopy mesh||15-denier nylon mesh|
|Floor fabric||30-denier nylon ripstop|
|Floor coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing pipe (column) filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Fly fabric||20-denier nylon ripstop|
|Fly coating||Silicone and polyurethane|
The standard test for coated fabrics uses a standing column (a pipe) filled with water. The figures given are the column height. A 1000mm coating allowed no leaks after 1 minute under 1000mm of water.
|Pole||DAC Featherlite NSL 7001 T6 aluminum|
A measurement based on the longest point of the tent.
A measurement based on the widest points of the tent.
Square metre measurement of a tent’s usable space. Does not include vestibules.
|Interior peak height||0.81m|
Includes just the tent, poles, and the fewest pegs and guylines needed to properly set it up.
Includes the full tent with its stuff sack, repair swatches, and all the guylines and pegs.
|Vestibule area (primary)||0.72sq. m|
These tents can be set up without stakes or pegs on any type of ground. All tents should be anchored or weighted, so they don't blow away.