With a curly birch handle that feels like an extension of your hand, the Eggen is a quality tool designed for years of use. Helle’s laminated, 3-layer steel creates a rugged, drop-point blade that holds its edge and is easy to sharpen when the time comes. Featuring a traditional Scandi grind, the edge excels at bushcraft and other outdoor tasks. A moulded leather sheath keeps the knife comfortably within reach when you're out in the field.
- Helle laminated steel sandwiches a hard steel between two softer steel sides, giving the blade an excellent mix of toughness and edge retention without making it hard to sharpen.
- Scandinavian (Scandi) grind excels at bushcraft tasks.
- Handsome handle carved out of curly birch wood.
- Sculpted guard keeps fingers safe from the edge while in use.
- The leather sheath places the knife right on the belt-line, keeping it close at hand.
- Since 1932, Helle knives have been made in a small Norwegian village nestled between the mountains and fjords. Each Helle knife has passed through experienced hands on its way to your belt.
- Each knife has its own personality, and variations in colour and patterns mean no two are alike.
Blade edge type
Serrated edges are useful for cutting dense material like rope or webbing. They stay sharper longer than straight edges, but can be more difficult to sharpen.
|Blade material||Stainless steel|
|Knife length (open)||21.1cm|