If you find traditional sleeping bags too restricting, this adaptable system might be your new best friend. The Backcountry Bed is a modified quilt designed for side sleepers, stomach sleepers, and people who like to stick their feet out. When the temperature drops, you can tuck the sides snugly around you, and on warm nights you can slide your feet out the zipperless foot vent. If you tend to change positions as you sleep, the sleeping pad sleeve prevents your pad from migrating away over the course of a night.
- Shell and lining are lightweight 20-denier polyester.
- 700-fill-power duck DriDown is treated so it absorbs less moisture, retains loft and dries 33% faster than untreated down.
- No zips, toggles, Velcro or cords.
- Catenary opening is narrower than the width of the bag, so as you push out, the walls push in to seal out drafts.
- Stretch cord system allows you to clip the integrated comforter to the sides of the bag to keep it tucked in, even when you toss and turn in your sleep.
- Insulated pockets provide insulation under your arms and allow you to tuck the sides in to prevent drafts, or open them up on a warm night.
- Zipperless foot vent folds closed and can be kicked open when needed.
- Half-length sleeping pad sleeve fits sleeping pads 51cm wide.
- Women's-specific cut is slightly shorter and offers more room in the hip area.
|Length||Fits up to 5' 8" (172 cm)|
The number of average sized people that the product can comfortably sleep.
EN Comfort Temperature Rating
This sleeping bag has been tested to the EN standard in a certified lab. This controlled test measures thermal value using a heated mannequin (wearing a base layer and a hat) placed on a 1-inch pad. The Comfort Rating is the lowest temperature at which the bag will keep the average woman (or "cold sleeper") comfortable.
EN Limit Temperature Rating
This sleeping bag has been tested to the EN standard in a certified lab. This controlled test measures thermal value using a heated mannequin (wearing a base layer and a hat) placed on a 1-inch pad. The Limit Rating is the lowest temperature at the average man (or "warm sleeper) can sleep in a curled body position for 8 hours without feeling cold.
|Insulation||700 fill-power water-repellent duck down|
The amount of down used to fill the product (measured in grams and given for size medium bags).
|Construction||Baffle + Comforter|
|Face fabric||20-denier ripstop polyester|
An insulated collar that covers yours neck and shoulders to reduce heat loss.