MEC Cote Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices Clearance price $1295.00 $1295.00
- Original price $1550.00
- Available online
- Find in store
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas.
Gravel grinder, single tracker, asphalt crusher, all-rounder: the Cote legend continues. Freshly tweaked for 2018, the Cote gets a lighter, stronger steel frame that emphasizes stability and versatility so you can ride it to work and then take it out for a weekend tour. Its mechanical disc brakes boost performance and provide consistent braking in less-than-ideal riding conditions. Shimano Tiagra components give the Cote reliable, smooth-shifting glory. Solid and versatile Alex Boondocks 5 wheels are tubeless ready for cyclocross adventures, and come with commute/tour ready 36c tires. To help smooth out gravel roads or rough bike lanes, Shockproof bartape with gel padding prevents your hands from getting numb and keeps the ride feeling smooth.
- Columbus Cromor chrome-moly butted steel frame is stable, durable and ridiculously smooth.
- Slightly lowered bottom bracket yields a stable ride.
- TRP Spyre C brakes provide nuanced modulation and powerful stopping power regardless of weather.
- Shimano Tiagra 4700 gruppo is solid, smoother and sweet.
- Tiagra shift/brake levers feature sleek under-bartape routing.
- 10-speed drivetrain with 11-32t cassette and compact 50-34t crank provides a wide gear range for pretty much any kind of riding.
- Big 36C tires work well on unpaved roads and potholed city streets.
- Threaded eyelets for racks and/or fenders.
- Tire clearance allows for tires up to 700x40, or 650bx46 and mega-fender setups.
- Alex Boondocks 5 wheels are tubeless-ready and ready for the rigors of cyclocross.
- Quick release at the front and rear makes swapping wheels fast and easy.
- Wheels feature aluminum hubs and sealed bearings to tie the build together.
- Velo Shockproof bartape with gel strip reduces vibration.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes were designed in Canada. From frames, to graphics, to componentry builds, every element of the bike is developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Columbus Cromor steel|
|Headset||FSA Orbit MX|
|Handlebars||FSA Omega Compact 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|TRP Spyre C (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano Tiagra|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano Tiagra|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano Tiagra|
|Crank + rings||Shimano Tiagra 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||Shimano Tiagra|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano Tiagra 10-speed 11-32T|
|Chain||Shimano Tiagra CN-4601|
|Tires||Clement X'Plor MSO 700 x 36|
|Wheel||Alex Boondocks 5|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Shallow Elite|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.