MEC Provincial Road 222 Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Asphalt, single track, gravel grinds, the Provincial Road 222 is about as close to a do-anything bike as it gets. This trusty steed has a stability-focused steel frame for a smooth ride and flickable responsiveness. Light enough to hang in on group rides, it's still tough enough for the rigours of cyclocross, and has tire clearance and a low overall weight to get touring versatility. The carbon fork uses a 12mm thru-axle instead of a standard QR set up, for less flex under hard braking, cornering and accelerating. To keep you riding longer, we've kitted this bike with a comfortable Fabric Shallow Sport saddle. Solid SRAM Rival groupset with hydraulic brakes shifts smoothly and gives you nuanced, powerful braking, and a stiff Alex Boondocks 5 wheelset grounds it with responsive handling and flex-free performance.
- Columbus Cromor steel frame with lowered bottom bracket for stable handling.
- Carbon fibre fork with aluminum steerer lower the weight of the bike while improving comfort.
- Front fork designed for use with 12mm thru axles.
- Frame is equipped with eyelets for fenders, a rear rack, and 3 bottle cages for those long adventures.
- Frame and fork clearance of 60mm allows for tires that measures up to 50mm in width.
- SRAM Rival gruppo yields fast shifts and solid braking in a lightweight package.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding power and modulation regardless of weather.
- SRAM Centerline 160mm and 140mm rotors in the front and rear respectively provide plenty of stopping power.
- Compact 50/34 crank and huge 11-32t cassette means a gear range ready for every kind of ride.
- 700c Alex Boondocks 5 wheels are tubeless ready and designed for the rigours of gravel grinds and daily commutes.
- Hubs are using sealed cartridge bearings for smoothness and durability.
- Donnelly X'Plor CDG tires are 36mm wide to soak up road vibration.
- MEC carbon fibre post soaks up vibration for a comfortable ride.
- Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport saddle helps keep the ride comfortable on long days.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics are developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Columbus Cromor steel|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Headset||FSA Orbit MX|
|Handlebars||FSA Gossamer Compact 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Rival (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (front)||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM Rival|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA Mega Evo|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Clement X'Plor MSO 700 x 36|
|Wheel||Alex Boondocks 5|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.