MEC Provincial Road 222 Bicycle - Unisex
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
Asphalt, single track, gravel grinds, the Provincial Road 222 is about as close to a do-anything bike as it gets. This trusty steed has a stability-focused steel frame for a smooth ride and flickable responsiveness. Light enough to hang in on group rides, it's still tough enough for the rigours of cyclocross, and has tire clearance and a low overall weight to get touring versatility. The carbon fork uses a 12mm thru-axle instead of a standard QR set up, for less flex under hard braking, cornering and accelerating. To keep you riding longer, we've kitted this bike with a comfortable Fabric Shallow Sport saddle. Solid SRAM Rival groupset with hydraulic brakes shifts smoothly and gives you nuanced, powerful braking, and a stiff Alex Boondocks 5 wheelset grounds it with responsive handling and flex-free performance.
- Columbus Cromor steel frame with lowered bottom bracket for stable handling.
- Carbon fibre fork with aluminum steerer lower the weight of the bike while improving comfort.
- Front fork designed for use with 12mm thru axles.
- Frame is equipped with eyelets for fenders, a rear rack, and 3 bottle cages for those long adventures.
- Frame and fork clearance of 60mm allows for tires that measures up to 50mm in width.
- SRAM Rival gruppo yields fast shifts and solid braking in a lightweight package.
- Hydraulic disc brakes provide outstanding power and modulation regardless of weather.
- SRAM Centerline 160mm and 140mm rotors in the front and rear respectively provide plenty of stopping power.
- Compact 50/34 crank and huge 11-32t cassette means a gear range ready for every kind of ride.
- 700c Alex Boondocks 5 wheels are tubeless ready and designed for the rigours of gravel grinds and daily commutes.
- Hubs are using sealed cartridge bearings for smoothness and durability.
- Donnelly X'Plor CDG tires are 36mm wide to soak up road vibration.
- MEC carbon fibre post soaks up vibration for a comfortable ride.
- Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport saddle helps keep the ride comfortable on long days.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- MEC bikes are designed in Canada. Everything from the frames to the graphics are developed at the MEC Head Office in Vancouver, BC.
|Frame||Columbus Cromor steel|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Headset||FSA Orbit MX|
|Handlebars||FSA Gossamer Compact 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Rival (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (front)||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM Rival|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro 50-34T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA Mega Evo|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Clement X'Plor MSO 700 x 36|
|Wheel||Alex Boondocks 5|
|Saddle||Fabric Scoop Shallow Sport|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.