Asics Dynaflyte 3 Sound Road Running Shoes - Men's
Up your game without blinding your running buddies. This lightweight, responsibly made running shoe is available exclusively at MEC and is ideal for high-mileage training and racing, with stylish, low-key looks that hide a high-tech chassis designed to provide exceptional cushioning and energy return. From top to bottom, the Dynaflyte 3 Sound features innovative materials that reduce the environmental impact of the shoe, with a recycled PET upper, neutral dyes and a high-performance midsole that incorporates recycled sugarcane waste.
- Engineered mesh upper is made from reclaimed polyethylene from pop bottles.
- Dye process avoids the use of harmful chemicals.
- Flytefoam Lyte® midsole is made from 40% recycled sugarcane waste, and is both lighter and tougher than standard EFA foam.
- Premium Ortholite™ sockliner wicks moisture and provides additional bounce.
- Gel cushioning in heel reduces impacts and provides a smooth transition into each stride.
- Grooved outsole is applied using a water-based adhesive.
|Ideal for||Road running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Light and responsive|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.