MEC Flash Cloud Gore-Tex Pants - Women's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
The sun can't shine every day, so whip out these ultralight waterproof pants when dark clouds gather and keep on hiking. Made from Gore's lightest, most packable waterproof breathable material, the Flash Cloud is the perfect back-up shell pant for those iffy days where the weather could go either way.
- 2.5-layer GORE-TEX PACLITE® PLUS material is windproof, waterproof, breathable and highly packable.
- DWR finish, fully sealed seams and water-resistant zippers keep rain from sneaking in.
- Comfortable waistband with drawcord adjustment and dual snap closure.
- Zip fly.
- Roomy hip pockets with zip closure.
- Back panel pocket.
- Zip pant legs are easy to put on over hiking and mountaineering boots.
- Cuffs can be cinched with drawcord to seal out drafts and moisture.
- Recco® Rescue System reflector is detectable by ski patrol and rescue teams, but is not a substitute for companion searches with avalanche beacons or smart decision-making in the backcountry.
- Pairs with the MEC Flash Cloud GORE-TEX Jacket.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Recco® system|
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.