MEC Boundary Light Down Vest - Women's
- Available prices Clearance price $104.97 $104.97
- Original price $149.95
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Bring some extra colour to your adventures with this eye-catching spin on the classic light down vest. Designed for day hiking and base camp wear, the Boundary is lightweight, durable and very packable. Zip it into its own pocket and stash it in your pack when you're on the move, then bring it out for ridge-top snacks. With bold colour-clocking, this vest also works well for everyday urban wear during the shoulder seasons.
- Fabric is ripstop nylon with a water repellent finish.
- Quilted construction.
- Insulated with 700 fill-power duck down that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- Internal insulated storm flap/chin guard keeps cold air out.
- Elastic trim armholes.
- 2 zippered handwarmer pockets give you plenty of storage space.
- Zippered internal pocket doubles as a stuff sack.
- Drawcord hem allows you to adjust fit and seal out drafts.
- Drop hem design for a bit of extra length in back.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Camping and hiking|
|Face fabric||20-denier nylon|
|Insulation||700 fill-power duck down|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.