MEC Airstream Hoodie - Women's
Free store pickup
Order online, get it at your local MEC. It couldn’t be easier.
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Streamline your mountain missions and take comfort and efficiency to new heights. Wear this technical hoodie from alpine start to summit push, as it does the work of multiple layers to keep you warm, dry and comfortable in a range of conditions encountered during a day in the mountains. The outer shell is protective, lightweight and super breathable, with stretch for big moves, while the stretchy synthetic fill is quilted to the inner liner to limit exposed stitching. The helmet-compatible hood is lightly insulated with a shaped brim and elastic binding that provides excellent visibility and is easy to pull on and off. Stretch cuffs and cinchable hem seal out wind and snow when the weather turns.
- Durable outer shell is made of nylon that stretches, breathes well and has a DWR finish.
- Thermolite T3 EcoMade fill is a breathable, stretchy blend of polyester and recycled polyester.
- Insulation is fixed to the inner lining fabric only, reducing the number of exposed stitches.
- Adjustable hood has a rim of elastic binding for easy on and off, even when jacket is zipped.
- YKK® Vislon front zipper has an interior storm flap and zipper garage for comfort.
- Articulated sleeves with underarm gussets maximize mobility.
- 2 handwarmer pockets and external chest pockets are made with hidden zips and located in harness-friendly locations.
- Left hand pocket doubles as a stuff sack, with a sewn loop for clipping to a harness while climbing.
- Stretch knit cuffs and internal drawcord at hem.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Technology||Thermolite T3 EcoMade|
|Face fabric||30-denier nylon|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.