Streamline your mountain missions and take comfort and efficiency to new heights. Wear this technical hoodie from alpine start to summit push, as it does the work of multiple layers to keep you warm, dry and comfortable in a range of conditions encountered during a day in the mountains. The outer shell is protective, lightweight and super breathable, with stretch for big moves, while the stretchy synthetic fill is quilted to the inner liner to limit exposed stitching. The helmet-compatible hood is lightly insulated with a shaped brim and elastic binding that provides excellent visibility and is easy to pull on and off. Stretch cuffs and cinchable hem seal out wind and snow when the weather turns.
- Durable outer shell is made of nylon that stretches, breathes well and has a DWR finish.
- Thermolite T3 EcoMade fill is a breathable, stretchy blend of polyester and recycled polyester.
- Insulation is fixed to the inner lining fabric only, reducing the number of exposed stitches.
- Adjustable hood has a rim of elastic binding for easy on and off, even when jacket is zipped.
- YKK® Vislon front zipper has an interior storm flap and zipper garage for comfort.
- Articulated sleeves with underarm gussets maximize mobility.
- 2 handwarmer pockets and external chest pockets are made with hidden zips and located in harness-friendly locations.
- Left hand pocket doubles as a stuff sack, with a sewn loop for clipping to a harness while climbing.
- Stretch knit cuffs and internal drawcord at hem.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Technology||Thermolite T3 EcoMade|
|Face fabric||30-denier nylon|
|Insulation||60g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.