MEC Below Celsius Insulated Pants - Women's
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
These insulated pants will take you through a full range of winter activities, keeping you warm yet mobile. Stretch inner thread construction keeps insulation close to your body for optimal warmth. The articulated knees and gusseted crotch mean there's no extra fabric to get in your way or slow you down. Ripstop nylon is waterproof enough to sit in a snow cave and breathable enough to be worn all day. A roomy cut and unisex sizing makes these pants a great choice for winter adventurers of all genders.
- Breathable and waterproof, the shell is nylon ripstop with a waterproof-breathable polyurethane hydrophilic laminate and a DWR finish.
- Seams are not taped, so this garment will not be fully waterproof in heavy rain.
- Fully insulated with 100g weight synthetic insulation.
- Lining and inner insulation layer are quilted with stretchy thread to hold in warmth and aid flexibility.
- Elastic waist with integrated webbing belt is easy to layer over other pants.
- Fully separating side zips for easy on/off.
- Articulated knees and gusseted crotch allow full range of motion.
- Hems have gripper elastic and boot hooks to seal out snow.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
|Ideal for||Winter and expedition camping|
|Insulation||100g/sq. m polyester|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Kick patches|
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.