MEC Great Northern Down Parka - Men's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
A Great Northern Parka to take on your greatest winter adventures. It's designed to keep you warm as winter winds howls through the streets. The waterproof-breathable material has a DWR finish, a combo that stops the wet side of winter in its tracks. Insulated with toasty duck down that's responsibly sourced, this parka is at home on cold morning commutes or chilly weekend outings.
- 2-layer waterproof breathable exterior shield you from icy rain and slush.
- Exterior and interior material have a DWR finish to help keep you dry.
- Removeable insulated hood has a soft faux fur trim diffuses harsh winter winds and zips off when you do not need it.
- 550-fill power duck down provides pillowy insulation.
- Down insulation is Responsible Down Certified, so you can feel good about your down.
- Horizontal baffles create tunnels of warmth that wraparound your body.
- Internal shoulder straps let wear the parka like a pack by slipping your arms out of the sleeves, this lets you ventilate on the go without having to carry the parka.
- Plenty of pocket space to keep small necessities close while dual entry fleece-lined pockets keep hands out from the cold.
- Smooth lining material glides over other fabric for easy layering.
- Soft knit cuffs keep the warm in and the cold out.
- Regular fit wears like an old favourite.
Garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
All MEC men’s and boy’s pants are regular rise.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
|Insulation||550 fill-power duck down|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Wind flap behind zipper|
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Tall arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist. Not all styles available in 'tall'.