MEC Besnow Long Jacket - Children
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
One of our warmest offerings for the smaller set, the Besnow Jacket finds a balance between warmth for winter without too much weight. This longer version has blanket-like levels of coziness, and does great job sealing out the cold. Loaded with 550-fill certified responsible down this jacket keeps your little one toasty and packs well. The streamlined insulated hood adds warmth for tiny ears warm on fast sled runs and gusty days.
- Insulated with 550 fill-power duck down that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- 3-piece hood stays close to the head and snaps closed with a stealthy snap.
- Fleece lined pockets warm up cold hands and keep tiny treasures close.
- Quilted construction keeps the down in place.
- Front zipper has an insulated storm flap with hook-and-loop closure.
- Name tag on the inside, great for making play date or daycare pick-ups a little easier.
- Extra length = extra warmth.
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
|Face fabric||50-denier polyester|
|Insulation||550 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.