MEC Besnow Long Jacket - Girls' - Youths
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Hey, that specific product isn't available. Here's the newest version, just note the price and features might be slightly different.
Grown-up features and quality for those that still have a ways to grow. The Besnow jacket a balance between warmth for winter without too much weight. This longer version has blanket levels of coziness, and does great job sealing out the cold. Loaded with 550-fill certified responsible down this jacket keeps things cozy and packs down small. The streamlined insulated hood adds warmth on fast sled runs and gusty days.
- Insulated with 550 fill-power duck down that meets the Responsible Down Standard for animal welfare.
- 3-piece hood stays close to the head and snaps closed with a stealthy snap.
- Fleece lined, zippered pockets warm up cold hands and an internal pocket keeps electronics warm.
- Front zipper has an insulated storm flap with hook-and-loop closure.
- Quilted construction keeps the down in place.
- Name tag on the inside.
- Extra length = extra warmth.
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
|Face fabric||50-denier polyester|
|Insulation||550 fill-power duck down|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.