MEC Long Toaster Parka - Children
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
For those days where the cold comes at you from every angle, a little extra parka goes a long way. The Long Toaster Parka keeps the youngest members of the family warm and comfortable, and that is in everyone’s best interest. Thoughtful details include soft trim around the neck and pockets, reflective piping, zipper pulls that can be grabbed with mittened hands, and insulation that's tapered in the arms, so movement isn't limited.
- Shell is abrasion-resistant 150-denier 2-layer polyester with a polyurethane waterproof breathable laminate and a DWR (durable water repellent) finish. Seams are not taped, so this garment will not be fully waterproof in heavy rain.
- Soft recycled polyester lining glides over layers.
- Insulated with 300g insulation in the body to keep the body core warm, and 240g insulation in the arms and hood for freedom of movement.
- Reflective trim in strategic locations increases visibility.
- 3-piece hood has internal elastic to seal in heat and snaps closed with a pair of stealthy snaps.
- Fleece-lined collar helps keep the cold out and leaves plenty of room for a scarf.
- Front zipper has an insulated storm flap with hook-and-loop closure.
- Elasticized cuffs keep out cold and snow.
- Dual layer pockets have a larger pocket that is ready for stashing toques and gloves, with a smaller zippered pocket overtop.
- Name tag on the inside, great for making play date or daycare pick-ups a little easier.
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof without taped seams|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.