MEC Cozy Newt Suit - Infants
- Available prices Clearance price $47.97 $47.97
- Original price $79.95
- Available online
- Find in store
Shop with confidence. If it's not working out like you expected, you can return it.
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
All the comfort and function of a classic Newt Suit, with an extra layer of cozy. This iconic piece of kids' outdoor wear is lined with a soft, warm fleece. The outer waterproof-breathable fabric keep the elements out even in wet and windy conditions. It's warm enough for cool fall days (or west-coast winters) and is designed to fit over layers if the conditions call for extra insulation.
- Relaxed fit offers plenty of space to layer and room to grow.
- Shell is abrasion-resistant 75-denier polyester with a polyurethane waterproof breathable coating and a DWR (durable water repellency) finish.
- Double-layered knees and bum add durability during life’s ups and downs.
- Fully lined with soft polyester fleece that adds a bit more warmth for cool days.
- Elasticized cuffs and hood edges seal out the cold and damp.
- Reflective details for low-light visibility.
|Ideal for||Casual wear|
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
|Face fabric||200-denier nylon|
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
Durable water repellency
Usually referred to as DWR. A treatment made to fabrics that causes water to bead and run off instead of soaking through.
|Additional feature(s)||Reflective details|
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
How to measure
- Measure fullest circumference, keeping tape up under arms and across shoulder blades.
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Arm length
- Bend elbow gently, then measure from centre of back of neck out to point of shoulder, down to back of elbow, and forward to wrist.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.
- Stand with back straight; measure from highest point on head to floor.