Ridley X-Trail C50 Disc Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
What kind of bike can hang in on club rides, head out to gravel grind and then hit a cyclocross race, all in one weekend? The incredibly versatile Ridley X-Trail. Its geometry combines the nimbleness of a cyclocross ride with the high-speed stability and stiffness of a road bike. Massive clearance allows up to 36C tires to explore unpaved roads in comfort by swapping out tires or wheels. Lightweight and smooth, the brand new Shimano 105 R7000 gruppo is a performer with a versatile gear range. Powerful hydraulic disc brakes provide stopping power with nuanced modulation regardless of the conditions. Smart details make this package a winner: asymmetric rear triangle for shock absorption and stiffness, hidden fender mounts for everyday usability and an adventure-ready crankset with 48-32T chainrings.
- High-modulus uni-directional carbon fibre frame is light, stiff, comfortable and durable enough to handle the rigours of varied riding.
- Rear triangle features uniquely shaped tubes for maximum stiffness, low weight and a comfortable degree of flex.
- Bridgeless seat stay design improves tire clearance and allows the seat stay to independently flex for added shock absorption.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Asymmetric fork features a carbon steer tube.
- 4ZA Stratos stems, handlebars and seatpost are designed with race performance in mind.
- Shimano's latest 105 R7000 gruppo yields precise shifting and powerful braking.
- Shimano 105 R7020 hydraulic brakes provides great modulation in all weather conditions.
- 160mm rotor in the front and 140mm in the rear provides plenty of stopping power.
- FSA Gossamer Pro Adventure crankset features gravel grind–ready 48-32T chainrings.
- Shimano 105 11-32T cassette gives you enough gears for steep climbs and fast descents.
- 12mm thru-axles front and rear provide outstanding stiffness, tracking and quick wheel changes.
- 32C Vittoria Zaffiro tires hits a sweetspot between low rolling resistance and grip.
- Fulcrum Racing 700 DB wheels features a 19mm internal width for a great fit with trail-ready tires.
- Hidden fender mounts add all-weather versatility.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop Ridley engineers, tests, and refines their frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and its own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Trail Disc HM carbon|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|Shimano 105 R7020 (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||Shimano 105 R7020|
|Shifters||Shimano 105 R7020|
|Derailleur (front)||Shimano 105 R7000|
|Derailleur (rear)||Shimano 105 R7000|
|Crank + rings||FSA Gossamer Pro ABS Adventure BB386Evo 48-32T|
|Bottom bracket||FSA PF86|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|Shimano 105 11-speed 11-32T|
|Tires||Vittoria Zaffiro 700 x 32|
|Wheel||Fulcrum Racing 700 DB|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.