Ridley X-Trail A45 Disc Bicycle - Unisex
Ridley X-Trail A45 Disc Bicycle - Unisex
- Available prices $2900.00
- Available online
- Check store availability
Free in-store pickup
Have this bike shipped to an MEC store free of charge.
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Find a lower price within 30 days? We’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Ships within Canada only. Does not ship to PO boxes, rural or remote locations. Call 1.888.847.0770 to confirm shipping to non-urban areas. Additional fees may apply, but in-store pickup is always free.
Designed with adventure in mind, this gravel grinder finds itself at home on bikepacking trips and on ride with a high ratio of gravel to pavement. With many of the features found on its carbon sibling (the X-Trail C), the X-Trail A draws on a high-performing aluminum frame that won't break the bank. Incredibly versatile, the geometry combines the nimbleness of a cyclocross ride with the high-speed stability and stiffness of a road bike. Massive clearance allows up to 700x42C or 650Bx55 tires to hammer the cyclocross circuit or go bikepacking by simply swapping out tires or wheels. The 1x11-speed SRAM Rival gruppo offers great reliability and performance at an affordable price. SRAM Rival hydraulic disc brakes provide stopping power with nuanced modulation. Smart details make this package a winner: asymmetric rear triangle for shock absorption and stiffness, hidden fender mounts for everyday usability, and carefully choosen 40mm wide tires for comfort on rough roads.
- Triple-butted hydroformed aluminum frame is light, incredibly durable and represents huge value.
- Lowered bottom bracket provides the high-speed stability needed for road riding.
- Rear triangle design features uniquely shaped individual tubes for maximum stiffness, low weight and a comfortable degree of flex.
- Bridgeless seat stay design improves tire clearance and allows the seat stay to independently flex for added shock absorption.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Asymmetric carbon fibre fork features an aluminum steertube and integrated scuff guard.
- 1x11 SRAM Rival gruppo yields precise shifting in an affordable package.
- SRAM Rival hydraulic disc brakes with 160 and 140mm rotors front and back, respectively, provide power and modulation in any weather.
- 4ZA Stratos stem, handlebars, and seatpost are designed with race performance in mind.
- SRAM crank is equipped with a 44T chainring and is paired with an 11-42t cassette.
- 12mm thru-axles front and rear provide outstanding stiffness, tracking and quick wheel changes.
- Frame design allows for use of 700c or 650B wheels.
- Tubeless-ready 4ZA Allroad Adventure wheels are designed to survive the rigours of cross, training, commuting and adventure riding.
- 700c wheels with 40mm wide Donnelly X'Plor MSO tires are designed for everything that Mother Nature has to throw at you.
- Hidden fender mounts add touring versatility.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop, Ridley engineers, tests and refines its frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and its own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Trail Disc 6061 aluminum|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|SRAM Rival (hydraulic disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Rival|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM Rival|
|Crank + rings||SRAM S350-1 44T|
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Donnelly X'Plor MSO 700 x 40|
|Wheel||Fulcrum Racing 600 DB|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.