Ridley X-Trail A55 Disc Bicycle - Unisex
Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement.
Buy a new bike, get free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year at any MEC bike shop.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
Sorry, this product is no longer available
Designed with adventure in mind, this gravel grinder finds itself at home on bikepacking trips and on ride with a high ratio of gravel to pavement. With many of the features found on its carbon sibling (the X-Trail C), the X-Trail A draws on a high-performing aluminum frame that won't break the bank. Incredibly versatile, the geometry combines the nimbleness of a cyclocross ride with the high-speed stability and stiffness of a road bike. Massive clearance allows up to 700x42C or 650Bx55 tires to hammer the cyclocross circuit or go bikepacking by simply swapping out tires or wheels. Lightweight and smooth, the 1x11-speed SRAM Apex gruppo is a performer with a versatile gear range. Mechanical TRP Spyre C disc brakes provide stopping power with nuanced modulation (and they're great value). Smart details make this package a winner: asymmetric rear triangle for shock absorption and stiffness, hidden fender mounts for everyday usability and a scuff guard on the fork to prevent damage when swapping out wheels.
- Triple-butted hydroformed aluminum frame is light, incredibly durable and represents huge value.
- Lowered bottom bracket provides the high-speed stability needed for road riding.
- Rear triangle design features uniquely shaped individual tubes for maximum stiffness, low weight and a comfortable degree of flex.
- Bridgeless seat stay design improves tire clearance and allows the seat stay to independently flex for added shock absorption.
- Oversized tapered head tube increases front end stiffness and steering precision.
- Asymmetric carbon fibre fork features an aluminum steertube and integrated scuff guard.
- 1x11 SRAM Apex gruppo yields precise shifting in a lightweight package.
- TRP Spyre C mechanical disc brakes with 160 and 140mm rotors front and back, respectively, provide power and modulation in any weather.
- 4ZA Stratos stem, handlebars, and seatpost are designed with race performance in mind.
- SRAM Apex crank is equipped with a 42T chainring and is paired with an 11-42t cassette.
- 12mm thru-axles front and rear provide outstanding stiffness, tracking and quick wheel changes.
- Frame design allows for use of 700c, or 650B wheels.
- Tubeless-ready 4ZA Allroad Adventure wheels are designed to survive the rigours of cross, training, commuting and adventure riding.
- 650B wheels with 50mm wide Donnelly X'Plor MSO tires are designed for everything that Mother Nature has to throw at you.
- Hidden fender mounts add touring versatility.
- Bikes are covered by MEC's Rocksolid Guarantee and Bike Service Agreement. You can bring your bike to any MEC bike shop for free adjustments and minor maintenance for a year after purchase.
- Ridley was born in Flanders, Belgium, a region infamous for harsh cycling conditions. Against this backdrop, Ridley engineers, tests and refines its frame construction, race technology, tube profiles, and its own branded component line, 4ZA.
|Frame||Ridley X-Trail Disc 6061 aluminum|
|Fork||Carbon with aluminum steerer|
|Stem||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
|Headset||FSA NO. 42-ACB|
|Handlebars||4ZA Stratos 31.8mm|
Mechanical disc brakes are more powerful than rim brakes, but less powerful than hydraulic brakes.
|TRP Spyre C (mechanical disc)|
|Brake levers||SRAM Apex|
|Derailleur (rear)||SRAM Apex|
|Crank + rings||SRAM Apex 42T|
The hub affects a bike’s rolling efficiency. Internally geared hubs require significantly less maintenance.
Cassettes with a smaller range allow you to go faster; a bigger range makes climbing hills easier.
|SRAM PG 1130 11-speed 11-42T|
|Tires||Donnelly X'Plor MSO 650 x 50|
How to measure
- Standover (J)
- Distance from the ground surface to the top of the top tube. Measured at the mid-point of the top tube, or where the rider would be standing when straddling the bike. This measurement should be 2-3cm shorter than your inseam.