MEC Aquadash Packable Waterproof Cycling Rain Pants - Women's
Shop with confidence. If it’s not working out, you can return it (consumables, undergarments and swimwear excluded).
Really. If it's not up to snuff after you use it (a couple times) you can still bring it back.
It lasts longer than 30 days, but not forever. We'll be fair about it. We're all members here.
Price match guarantee
Found a better deal in Canada? Up to 30 days after purchase – we’ll match it.
If you see a lower price for this exact item advertised online, in print or in a store, give us a call at 1 (888) 847-0770.
If it’s identical, brand-new, in stock, and sold and shipped by a Canadian-based retailer, we’ll match that price.
These streamlined waterproof shell pants are perfect for rainy commutes. Lightweight, breathable and cut for optimal coverage and mobility while riding, they have the handy bonus feature of packing into their own rear zip pocket. Keep them stowed neatly in your pack or pannier until needed. Ankle zips help you pull them on over your cycling shoes when time is of the essence.
- Made of lightweight, packable 40-denier nylon with a Pertex Shield waterproof breathable coating.
- Unlined 2.5-layer construction keeps them lightweight and packable.
- Fully taped seams for reliable waterproofness.
- Elastic waist has an internal drawcord for adjustability.
- High back design provides coverage when in the riding position.
- Rear pocket has a zip closure for secure storage, and doubles as a pouch for the pants,
- Back crotch gusset ensures no seams between you and the saddle.
- Articulated knees for mobility.
- Ankle zips let you pull them on and off without removing shoes.
- Elastic rear cuff helps keep splashes and debris out.
- Heat transfer reflective strips near ankle zips are durable and bright.
Technical garments, designed for specific activities have features that aren’t always adaptable to general use. For example, cycling clothing is longer in the back and arms. Activity aside, the fit of MEC clothing falls into these categories:
Measured in grams per square metre (gsm). The larger the number, the heavier and thicker the garment.
|Fabric content||100% nylon|
|Face fabric||40-denier nylon|
Fabric waterproof rating
The standard test for waterproof fabrics uses a standing column filled with water. The figures given are the water column height. A rating of 3,500mm or higher can be considered waterproof. The higher the rating, the more durable the waterproof fabric will be over time.
Waterproof garments use waterproof-breathable technologies and are fully seam-taped. Water-resistant garments use waterproof-breathable technologies but their seams are not taped. Water-resistant garments repel water and protect against wind but are not made of waterproof fabric.
|Waterproof with fully taped seams|
Fabric active breathability
The rate at which a waterproof breathable fabric expels moisture when the inner surface is moist from perspiration. Values under 8,000g/m2/24h provide low performance, 20,000g/m2/24h provide moderate performance and values over 30,000g/m2/24h provide high performance.
|Pockets||1 back zippered|
A windproof garment does not allow any air to permeate the fabric. A garment with windproof panels has panels of fabric that are totally windproof, but the rest of the garment may not be windproof. A wind-resistant garment resists some wind, but not as much as a garment that is windproof.
The finished inseam measurement of the garment.
Gripper elastics prevent the cycling shorts from riding up and leg and arm warmers from sliding down.
|Product sustainability||Bluesign® Approved Material|
- Natural waist
- Measure at the narrowest circumference of your waist.
- Low waist
- Measure approximately 5cm (2in.) below natural waist.
- Stand with feet together and measure at fullest circumference.
- Measure inner leg from crotch to just below the ankle bone.