Hoka Speed Goat 2 Trail Running Shoes - Men's
Take on more trails with the stability of the Speedgoat 2. The toebox and midsole are wider than on the first iteration of this shoe, giving you a reliable foothold in precarious terrain. On that note, the outsole boasts 5mm Vibram® lugs that offer both durability and traction in damp and uneven conditions. Balancing out the ruggedness of this trail shoe is an oversized EVA midsole that provides firm yet floaty cushioning and support.
- Upper is breathable engineered mesh overlaid with a welded seam midfoot cage for added structure, durability and support.
- Oversize EVA midsole provides lightweight cushioning and a floaty feel.
- Meta-rocker geometry supports your natural running form and encourages an efficient, smooth roll from initial impact to toe-off.
- Updated wider platform offers increased stability in tough terrain.
- New, more durable outsole offers protection for all-day epic runs.
- Multi-directional 5mm Vibram® lugs provide traction on whatever surface you encounter.
|Ideal for||Trail running|
'Minimal and natural' shoes offer low drop, lots of flex, and minimal cushioning. Most running shoes are 'Light and responsive' with medium cushioning and good energy return. 'Cushioned and floaty' shoes have maximum cushioning.
|Cushioned and floaty|
Some shoes include added motion control or stability features to help minimize pronation or supination, where the foot tends to roll inward or outward in a biomechanically imbalanced running position.
The approximate thickness of the midsole cushioning under the heel and the forefoot. A thicker heel and greater difference between heel and toe height tends to suit heel-strike runners, while forefoot and midfoot strikers may prefer a minimal drop between heel and toe cushioning.
The drop is the difference in height between the heel and the forefoot midsole cushioning. Traditional running shoes tend to have a 10mm drop or higher while minimalist style shoes are on the lower end of the spectrum.
Waterproof shoes and boots feature a waterproof-breathable membrane and a gusseted tongue to help keep your feet dry in wet conditions.